today, i am feeling so thankful. i am thankful that i got to spend quality time with my mom. i am thankful for nitro. i am thankful for nice food to eat. that soup i had for dinner today was so amazing. i am thankful for my parents, i dont know where I’d be without them especially my mom. I am thankful for the nice weather, its so good to see the sunshine outside. we are meant to get up to 30 degrees c this coming week. I am thankful for books and reading. it gives me a world to escape into and helps me to learn interesting things that I otherwise might not know. I am thankful for my friends. Without all of you my life would be so much darker. I am grateful for you all every single day. I am thankful for a nice safe home to live in. I am also thankful for my health.
What are you thankful for today?
DIY Homemade Vapor Rub- Dr. Axe
Total Time: 30 minutes
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup grated bees wax
20 drops peppermint essential oil
20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1. Pour the olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax into a jar.
2. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat.
3. Place jar in saucepan and allow oils to melt. Stir to combine.
4. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add in essential oils.
5. Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.
Dr Mercolas Ketchup
6 oz. organic tomato paste
¼ cup organic honey
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (a squeeze)
¼ cup water (you can add more if you want it runnier)
¾ tsp. Himalayan salt
¼ tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1. Whisk the ingredients together and add to a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Let cool.
3. Store in a glass container or jar. Remember that this ketchup doesnt contain preservatives so it wont keep as long. It will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.
Leannes Romaine Chicken Wrap with Strawberries
· 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
· 1 tablespoon chopped celery
· 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon low fat plain yogurt
· 2 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breast meat, leftovers are good here
· 1 Romaine lettuce leaf
· 1 cup sliced strawberries
Combine 1 tablespoon each dried cranberries, chopped celery, low fat mayonnaise, low fat plain yogurt and 2 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breast meat. Pile into a Romaine lettuce leaf and enjoy with 1 cup sliced strawberries.
ok, well am not sleeping so decided to do my goals post for today because technically its monday here now.
Goals for monday are:
eat a healthy breakfast
go to therapy
eat healthy lunch
exercise for at least 15 minutes
eat healthy dinner
read a few chapters of my book
relax and watch some tv
call my friend to wish her a happy birthday
have an early night
i went to my gp. i decided not to wait, to go and see what the pain in my stomach was and what might be causing it.
it turned out I had a raging kidney infection. she made me give her a sample and it turns out there was a lot of protein in my urine and some other elevated things too in it.
she put me on antibiotics for a week. augmentin duo they are called. they have penicillin in them. they are very strong, the strength of the tablets is 625 mg.
I came home after seeing her and took my first tablet and then I went to bed for an hour and a half. And I actually slept.
I think the tablets are going to wipe me and drain me of energy. I’ve been on them in the past for other things and that is what has happened in the past.
I’m glad I got it checked out though. My minds at ease now. I was really starting to wonder if I might have something very serious wrong with me!
for the past 2 days i’ve had a very sore stomach.
its like muscle pain, but I am not sure that is what it is. I’m pretty worried about it.
My anxiety is very high. I’ll give it a couple more days, if it doesnt go away I’ll see my gp.
If I press on the front of my stomach, above my belly button, it hurts. If I breathe in deeply it hurts. If I move suddenly, it hurts.
Its worrying. I’m trying not to think too much about it. It might be that I pulled a muscle getting in or out of bed. Who knows.
We’ll just see how it goes I guess.