Onto my blanket
Feel Nitro there
Call him near
Pat him, as I feel the fear
My insides feel like lead
I have a pain in my head
Wrap up warm
I can survive this storm
Tomorrow, things will be normal again
Just wrote this as I am feeling incredibly sad and alone and my body is tense, I feel full of fear and trepidation, I’m starting to have flashbacks again, so I’m snuggling nitro and drinking a coffee and trying to watch a little tv.
the hot liquid
burns as it goes down my throat
All I feel is
burning, and I imagine
Disapating and disappearing
Into the hot liquid
Feelings of fear, sadness, loneliness
Then all of a sudden
My big cute lab
Puts his wet nose
In my hand
Jolts me back to reality
He wants out
And he cant hold on
Puppies cant hold it
When he has to go he has to go
So slowly I rise
From my bed
Where I’ve been sitting
time to go out
He obediently follows me
I let him outside
Smell the fresh air
Then again, all of a sudden
I’m no longer thinking
About fear, sadness or loneliness
Its funny what some pet therapy can do for you
come on boy
He bounces in again
I Pat him on the head
As he goes back and lies on his bed
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me;- it is crucial to my well being.
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when you are speaking to me.
7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate,or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death. Remember that I love you.
Welcome to the Three Things Challenge. Every day at 10PM (PST) I will post three seemingly unconnected things that will, hopefully, ignite your muse. You dont have to use all three things if you dont want to. There are no restrictions on length, style, genre, or anything. Simply read the prompt, see where your muse takes you, and bring us along for the ride. Use 3TC as a tag if youd like and link back to this prompt, or post your link in the comments below so others can find you.
Todays prompt: trash, animal, debutante
Get your nose out of the trash, Nitro! What a silly animal you are! Always up to something or other. Always trying to keep me on my toes!
Does he listen? Nope!
That dog has a mind of his own!
He loves to see if he can get something out of there!
A juicy scrap or two!
Me? I’m ready to scream! Especially when the trash is all over my kitchen floor!
But then, then he gives me those puppydog eyes, the big, brown soulful ones, and my heart melts.
How can I be mad?
Did you know?
That today is Prevent Cruelty to Animals Day? In 1866, the ASPCA was founded on this date by Henry Bergh when he received a charter from the state of New York. ASPCA was the first humane society in the U.S. Celebrate today, and every day, by being kind to all animals.
Waiting for me
to drop you some carrots
And I do
Only because your so cute
I cant resist
Your such a cute beggar
You give me those puppydog eyes
And my heart melts
No walk for you today
You don’t care though
Your happy to just lie underneath the table
And lick my toes
I’ve given you breakfast
And of course
The carrots I was cutting up
To make my vegetable soup
Love you my cute boy