so my sisters off to spain today for two weeks. wish I was her, no, i really dont, as we already have very hot weather here, and if she would have known it was going to be so hot, she wouldnt have bothered going at all.
I keep telling her she has wasted her money. she said she’s going for the kids though, all their cousins on her partners side of the family are over there right now, and so she decided to bring her two as well.
she wont be home until the 18th. but the airline she’s flying with are on strike on the 12th, ryan air, so who knows, if the strike isnt resolved quicly, she may be there for longer than planned.
Our parents have her two pugs. So they are being spoiled.
I do hope she has a fabulous time there though. Its nice to get away from the normality of our daily lives too sometimes isnt it?
mom and me are going out for the day tomorrow. we are going to cobh, which is a town outside the city.
Its about a 30 minute train journey to get there.
we’re going to take a picnic lunch with us. we will also take a walk around the town, and then in the afternoon I promised mom a treat of a drink in one of the local pubs.
The town of Cobh is a touristy place, lots of tourists go there all year round.
it should be a nice day out, will be nice to have it be just the two of us. i’m looking forward to spending some one to one time with my mom.
this week I smashed my weight loss goal again!
I was down 1 and a half pounds!
So now, I am down 1 stone 12 and a half pounds, or 26.5 pounds for my US readers!
I have 1 and a half pounds to go to make it to two stone!
I’m hopeful I’ll get my two stone award next week! I’d be thrilled if I did!
In only six months I’ve lost almost 28 pounds! I cannot believe it!
I feel great! I’m planning on doing a lot of exercising this coming week.
I just feel so happy and so good about myself!
These are really very powerful, Implement whenever you can.
1. Take a 10 to 30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement “My purpose is to ???? today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did last year.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of seventy and under the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, Negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the Curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice bed sheets, Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. So stop complaining about the weather, the job, the rent etc etc
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for ___.
Today I accomplished ____.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Allow yourself to enjoy each happy moment in your life.
When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
Jean Shinoda Bolen
the moments I enjoyed today…
1 sipping hot coffee
2 cuddling with nitro
3 being out in the sunshine
4 writing on my blog
5 playing with my amazon echo
6 talking to my friend on the phone
7 making chili with my PA
8 seeing my mom and dad
9 reading my book
10 watching some tv catching up on some of my shows
what moments did you enjoy today?