I’m really getting on track today.
Eating healthy food, exercising, yay, all that good stuff…
I made a baked potato, chicken fillet and baked beans for dinner. It was delicious. Just got done eating about a half hour ago.
I am going to make a big fruit salad soon and have that later tonight…
I have blueberries, blackberries, grapes, strawberries, mandarin orange, and apple, all of them I will put in it and then put natural yoghurt over it…yummy.
I’d love to be down another 3 and a half pounds this week, then I’d be down a stone, or 14 pounds for my US readers, in 5 weeks…that’d be so awesome!
We shall see I guess, but I’m doing all I can, I am doing everything right…
So another weeks over. And mines been a pretty good one!
Heres what happened for me this pas week.
I had a great therapy session on MOnday.
At the ILS course, I Finished my personal effectiveness module and started my interpersonal skills module.
I took part in a radio interview at the ILS course.
I lost 3 and a half pounds, got slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month.
I was sick this week too but am slowly recovering now.
I had some great conversations with some great friends.
I cooked baked cannelonni and burritos for the first time.
I made sure to do some self care activities.
I finished another book and started a new one.
I got the opportunity to train two visually impaired people on how to use their laptop and I phone.
I volunteered for friendly call and enjoyed doing that.
I got some great feedback from my tutors at my weekly review for the ILS course.
So all in all I’d say its been a fabulous week!
Heres to another one next week!
hhihih it me Emily
I’m struggling tonight. I feel so gross. I feel unlovable. fat. ugly. and I hate how I feel. and I hate my body.
it disgusts me. I hate how I look. I know we are losing weight. and people have noticed it. commented that we are looking fab. I don’t see it though.
I just feel so sad. sad and lonely and unloved and unseen in my struggle.
Emily age 12
A slimming world recipe I will be trying out this week in cooking class.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
- Difficulty Rating: 2
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Syns per serving:
This popular Italian dinner is quick to cook and seriously satisfying, with the cheesy filling adding an indulgent finishing touch.
- 8 cannelloni tubes
- A few basil leaves, torn
- 2 level tbsps grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
for the Filling:
- 225g fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 225g fat-free natural cottage cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and ground black pepper
for the Sauce:
- 425ml passata
- 1 level tsp sweetener
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.
- Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the passata, sweetener, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
You’ll discover 100’s more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership – a fabulous saving of £5. Thats only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
my sisters partner made a banofey pie for dessert and I cant have any because of being on my diet.. i wish i could have a slice of it so bad right now, lol. ah well, fruit salad it’ll have to be. its healthier, anyway 🙂
doesnt stop me wishing though?
this is the slimming world spaghetti carbonara. I made this tonight for dinner. It tasted delicious.
I would definitely make it again.
- 6 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces – see tip)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful of fresh chives
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.
two slices of wholemeal toast
mug of tea
Toasted turkey sandwich
Mug of tea
Mid afternoon snack:
some blueberries and grapes
Potatos, peas, turkey
Mug of tea
9 PM snack
3 mandarin oranges
My exercise today was walking two laps of the park. It took me 10 minutes to complete it.