Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is silent/silence. Use one or both in your post. Have fun!
After youve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this weeks prompt page and check to make sure its here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our pretty SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show youre a participant. Wear it with pride!!
SoCS badge by Pamela, at https://achronicalofhope.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what youre going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry it doesnt matter. Just let the words carry you along until youre ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say Write about dogs; the prompt will be more like, Make your first sentence a question, Begin with the word The, or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! Its important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write This post is part of SoCS: and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If youre self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other persons blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If youre the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, which youll find below the Like button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if youd like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers youll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post SoCS and/or #SoCS for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
She sits in silence
Tears stream down her cheeks
And she wonders
will it always be like this?
Will it ever end?
Will this sadness ever lift?
This turmoil, will I ever know peace?
Darkness creeps in
Slowly it envelopes her
Threatening to crush her spirit
As she contemplates life
What should she do?
Suddenly like a bolt of lightning
She has an idea
Then maybe, just maybe
The sadness will disapate
Its worth a shot
A shot in the dark
She scrambles to her feet
Punches the air
Yes! She proclaims
I am hear! I can do this!
I am not a slave to this sadness!
Tears no longer stream down her cheeks
She is determined to live life
And live it to the fullest!