So I had my medical yesterday, the medical that I had to have after the car crash.
The solicitor had requested it. It went well. My physical symptoms are gone now, its just the psychological stuff that is left. The doctor had a form he had to fill up. A standard report.
He put a lot in about my mental health and the psychological after effects of the accident. He said he thought I’d make a full recovery from it which was good to know. He told myself and my mom, she went in with me, he told us that he found the way it happened and the way the driver just rammed in to us twice then drove off, bizarre to say the least.
I’m glad its over now. Very very glad.
Now there is one more thing we need to do and that is make a statement to the police. That is happening on wednesday afternoon. That is for the pending court case that will be coming up in the new year.
I am nervous to talk to the police. But I will do it. Mom and my sister will also be talking to them.
I just hope it will be ok and go well.
well I had very little sleep. Went to bed around 1 AM. Couldnt settle. Eventually I did and I got around 4 hours of sleep total. Feel quite tired this morning. But I am up and awake and have had a couple mugs of coffee to get me up and going!
Just getting ready for therapy now. Booked my taxi. Finally got myself dressed too. Have an hour and a half before I have to leave! So plenty of time!
Am going to cancel my after care with nitro tomorrow. My week is just super busy! I can do it after the christmas rush is over! There is no hurry. I’m sure the guide dog school will be fine with me canceling it.
Other than therapy I have to go to my gp today. I have to get a medical done. You know a medical after the car crash, the solicitor is requesting that we all have medicals done so she can get reports on our injuries. So I have to go there at 3 today.
I plan on walking to the surgery, to get my exercise in! Thats if its not raining!
I hope you all have a fab Monday!
The lovely sooz over at suziland 2 or obselete childhood, has said that any blogger who wishes to can participate and do the sunshine blog award, she’s nominating everyone! so here I go with her questions!
But first, the rules!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them THANK YOU Cara! Mel! both of ya!
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- and now, the questions!
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the words reality Television? I’m a celebrity get me out of here!, its a show where celebs go in the jungle for 3 weeks and do trials and things where creepy crawlies and critters are all over them!
- Without looking back, how many other bloggers have I mentioned in this post? um two? not sure!
- Tell me about your favorite winter memory. When it snows, I love when it snows, as long as I have enough food, and I dont have to go anywhere as I live on a hill and its hard to get out of my house in bad weather, but I love snow! and we dont get nearly enough fo it here in ireland!
- Whats the last book you read that you would NOT recommend anyone read? Thats a tough one. Most books that I read I’d highly recommend, I actually cant think of one that I didnt like!
- What is the most difficult thing about blogging? Making sure I post daily! I try so hard to do that! Also keeping up with others blogs!
- Do you have a bucket List? Do you even have a bucket? Lol, yes. I have a small one.
- If you could own an entire country, what would you name it and what title would you give to yourself? I’d name it mad city, and I’d title myself the mayor mad hatter of the city!
- What is your least favorite food? Tomatos! Or beetroot!
- which do you choose? Guest House, 5 star hotel, hostel or caravan (camper to Americans)? Why? 5 star hotel, I love my comfort!
- Have you ever attended the opera? No never.
- If the answer to number 10 is yes, what did you see and did you enjoy it? If no, what is stopping you? I am not an opera fan!
Thanks for reading these answers! I had fun doing this!
Therapy tomorrow morning! Yay! So glad we get to see eileen! So looking forward to it!
For once I dont feel any anxiety at all around going in!
I’m just happy we get to go! Im kinda excited to see what the session will be! We’ve been making such good progress lately! I hope we’ll have more of it tomorrow!
Its our second last session before the christmas break. I am going to ask Eileen if for next week, our last session before the break, if we can have a kinda low key session, where we dont really do any trauma work or deep work, where we can just generally wind down!
Im sure she’ll agree to that!
For tonight though I will just look forward to my therapy time! And I will look forward to eileens support tomorrow morning!
so today we did the documentary for the radio, the one that is featuring the work of friendly call, it was myself, my supervisor and two other volunteers. Two producers came from the national broadcaster in ireland, RTE, and interviewed us. It was really cool. They were very nice and they did a great job. We all got to talk about the work we do. We got to tell them a little about ourselves and how long we’ve been volunteering, and what brought us to be doing it. Then they asked us about the work and the clients and stuff. It is going to be broadcast the week of the 17th to 21st of december. The producer told my supervisor she’d text her the date when we’d be featured, it will be available to listen to online on the podcast so when I know more I will let you all know so maybe some of you can listen to it.
I am very happy with how my interview went. I wasnt even nervous. The girl interviewing us really put me at ease!
I am glad we did it. I am glad that friendly call is getting lots of exposure. They deserve that.
I’m all done! Finally! Finally I can breathe!
I finished up the last of my christmas shopping today!
I feel free now! I just hope I picked the right gifts for people! I hope the family likes what I chose for them!
I got my sister perfume, a handbag, pajamas, a gift card to get make up that she wants, and a bottle of gyn and a gyn glass that says, is it gyn o’clock yet!
I got mom a gift voucher and some lotto tickets, I got dad socks , and some lotto tickets, chocolate, and I am giving him 50 euro in a card!
I got my niece a pair of unicorn pajamas, earings, and a voucher for a clothing store she likes.
I got my nephew a road blocks set of figures, he’s into those. I also got him some jellybeans.
Today I also got some gifts for clients at friendly call. The friendly call christmas party is this coming wednesday. All of the volunteers had to buy 2 or 3 gifts, small gifts, to bring, we’ll wrap them and then they’ll be handed out on the day to clients.
I got some gift sets, with body wash, shower gel, etc. I also got some ones that have lip glosses and stuff in them.
Mom and me had lunch out too. I had the most delicious pannini! It had turkey, ham, cranberry sauce and stuffing in it. Oh it was heaven!
So we had a good day and got everything done that we needed to do!
Don’t count the days. Make the days count.