Here is the recipe for the omelette I made this morning.
I made this recipe up myself from ingredients that we had on hand.
one onion, chopped
some button mushrooms, chopped
six slices of bacon, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
one clove of garlic, finely chopped
salt and black pepper to season
Fry light cooking spray
Beat eggs in a bowl. Add salt and black pepper to the eggs to season them.
Fry the bacon, when its nearly done, add the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
Lightly fry them, then add the eggs, fry all of it together in the pan.
when the omelette is finished cooking, sprinkle over the grated cheese and brown it under the grill.
Add more seasoning if required.
Then tuck in and enjoy!
1 tablespoon milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 to 6 tablespoons butter
8 flour tortillas
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Refried beans, heated
Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Melt butter; dip tortillas into egg mixture to coat and fry in butter, turning once, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas adding more butter as needed; keep warm. Fill tortillas with beans, cheese, picante sauce and guacamole.
Makes 4 servings.
Slow Cooked Pork Chops With Green Beans
3 to 4 boneless pork chops
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups green beans, frozen or fresh
2 bacon strips, cut up
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Place pork chops in bottom of 3 quart slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Cover; cook on low for 4 to 8 hours, or until meat and green beans are tender but not dry or over-cooked.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.
Tangy Pork Chops
Seasoned salt to taste
Pepper to taste
4 thickly cut pork loin chops or 6 thinner chops
1 cup grape jelly
1 bottle prepared chili sauce
Rub pork chops with seasoned salt and pepper on both sides. Place chops in 3 quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon sauce over chops. If the chops need to be stacked in order to fit in your cooker, make sure to top each one with sauce. Cover; cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until meat is tender but not dry.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This is a slimming world recipe, the one I tried last night.
- 460g chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 140g dried pasta shapes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded amd chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the creamy dressing:
- 2 level tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 142g / 5oz fat free natural fromage frais
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips and place in a shallow container. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the top and turn the chicken over until it is well coated.
- Spray a cast iron grill pan lightly with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken strips and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are cooked right through and golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain on kitchen paper. Alternatively, cook under an overhead grill.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes in a large pan of lightly salted water boiling water for 8-10 minutes (according to the packet instructions), until just tender. Drain well and cool.
- Mix the chicken, pasta, red and green peppers and spring onions in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together all the creamy dressing ingredients until well blended and spoon over the chicken and pasta mixture. Toss gently together and sprinkle with parsley.
This is the recipe for the apple crumble I made in my cookery class for the past two weeks.
What you need:
125g Plain Flour
125g Demerara Sugar
175g Porridge Oats
Fruit of your choice – Apples, Rhubarb, Mixed Berries
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
Put the flour into a bowl, add in butter and rub into flour with your fingers.
Add in sugar and oats and mix together.
Prepare fruit. Stew apples/rhubarb if making apple/rhubarb crumble.
Put fruit in ovenproof dish. Spoon crumble over fruit. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
To Stew Apples/Rhubarb
Peel, core and roughly chop apples. Or clean, trim and slice rhubarb stalks into 1″/2½cm pieces.
Place in a saucepan with a sprinkling of sugar and a little water (3 tablespoons approx) over a low heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
If liked, add a pinch of cinnamon/ginger to the apples/rhubarb when soft.
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained
2 green onions, sliced
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Mix eggs until well blended; stir in soup, kidney beans, chili peppers, green onions, pepper and a few dashes hot pepper sauce. Add cheese; mix well. Pour into greased 8 by 8 by 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Top with taco sauce and sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.