Convenient Slow Cooker Lasagna
1 pound ground beef
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
Spray the interior of a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet; drain off drippings. Stir in tomato sauce; mix well. Spread one-fourth of the meat sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Arrange one-third of the uncooked noodles over the sauce. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon one-third of the cheeses over the noodles. Repeat these layers twice. Top with remaining sauce. Cover; cook on low for 4 hours.
* Add 1 chopped onion to the ground beef when browning.
* Add 1 teaspoon salt to the tomato sauce and beef mixture.
* Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the cheese mixture.
* Add 1/2 cup additional shredded Mozzarella cheese to the top of the lasagna 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Baked Chicken and Ravioli
1 (9 oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese ravioli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. cubed chicken tenders
1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large pot of boiling water, cook ravioli until tender.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is done and onion is tender. Add spaghetti sauce and well drained spinach and mix well.
Drain ravioli when cooked and spread into 9″ glass baking dish. Spoon chicken mixture over ravioli. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until bubbly. Uncover and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese melts.
Taco Pasta Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion; chopped
1 large green pepper; chopped
1 (16 ounce) box large shell pasta
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 jar chunky salsa
2 cups cheddar cheese; grated
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning spices as directed on the package, and stir to blend; reserve. In the same skillet, saute onions and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on the pkg. and drain. In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, spoon stewed tomatoes on the bottom of the pan to cover. Layer remaining ingredients in the following order: pasta, ground beef, and taco seasoning combination, salsa, and cheese. Repeat layering process until dish is full, making sure to finish the top layer with cheddar cheese. Bake in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from onion and let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm. Serves 6 to 8
A slimming world recipe I will be trying out this week in cooking class.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
- Difficulty Rating: 2
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Syns per serving:
This popular Italian dinner is quick to cook and seriously satisfying, with the cheesy filling adding an indulgent finishing touch.
- 8 cannelloni tubes
- A few basil leaves, torn
- 2 level tbsps grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
for the Filling:
- 225g fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 225g fat-free natural cottage cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and ground black pepper
for the Sauce:
- 425ml passata
- 1 level tsp sweetener
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander, pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the liquid.
- Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange them in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the passata, sweetener, garlic and seasoning together and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
You’ll discover 100’s more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership – a fabulous saving of £5. Thats only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Low calorie cooking spray
8 spring onions, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
6 tbsp drained and finely chopped bottled roasted red peppers
200g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
200g fresh or frozen peas
6 eggs, beaten
4 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
250g cooked macaroni
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Spray a medium-sized ovenproof flan or pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.
2.Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Season well and transfer to the dish.
3.Place in the oven and bake for 25-40 minutes or until the eggs have set and the frittata is golden brown.
4.Remove from the oven and stand for 15-20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.
This is a slimming world recipe, the one I tried last night.
- 460g chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 140g dried pasta shapes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded amd chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the creamy dressing:
- 2 level tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 142g / 5oz fat free natural fromage frais
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips and place in a shallow container. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the top and turn the chicken over until it is well coated.
- Spray a cast iron grill pan lightly with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken strips and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are cooked right through and golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain on kitchen paper. Alternatively, cook under an overhead grill.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes in a large pan of lightly salted water boiling water for 8-10 minutes (according to the packet instructions), until just tender. Drain well and cool.
- Mix the chicken, pasta, red and green peppers and spring onions in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together all the creamy dressing ingredients until well blended and spoon over the chicken and pasta mixture. Toss gently together and sprinkle with parsley.