well I had very little sleep. Went to bed around 1 AM. Couldnt settle. Eventually I did and I got around 4 hours of sleep total. Feel quite tired this morning. But I am up and awake and have had a couple mugs of coffee to get me up and going!
Just getting ready for therapy now. Booked my taxi. Finally got myself dressed too. Have an hour and a half before I have to leave! So plenty of time!
Am going to cancel my after care with nitro tomorrow. My week is just super busy! I can do it after the christmas rush is over! There is no hurry. I’m sure the guide dog school will be fine with me canceling it.
Other than therapy I have to go to my gp today. I have to get a medical done. You know a medical after the car crash, the solicitor is requesting that we all have medicals done so she can get reports on our injuries. So I have to go there at 3 today.
I plan on walking to the surgery, to get my exercise in! Thats if its not raining!
I hope you all have a fab Monday!
so today we did the documentary for the radio, the one that is featuring the work of friendly call, it was myself, my supervisor and two other volunteers. Two producers came from the national broadcaster in ireland, RTE, and interviewed us. It was really cool. They were very nice and they did a great job. We all got to talk about the work we do. We got to tell them a little about ourselves and how long we’ve been volunteering, and what brought us to be doing it. Then they asked us about the work and the clients and stuff. It is going to be broadcast the week of the 17th to 21st of december. The producer told my supervisor she’d text her the date when we’d be featured, it will be available to listen to online on the podcast so when I know more I will let you all know so maybe some of you can listen to it.
I am very happy with how my interview went. I wasnt even nervous. The girl interviewing us really put me at ease!
I am glad we did it. I am glad that friendly call is getting lots of exposure. They deserve that.
Nitro is so agitated! He’s really panicking tonight! Panting and shaking like a leaf. I thought it was due to us eating, he started it around the time we were having food. But he’s still going! And we’ve all finished ages ago! He’s standing by my bed now panting and nudging me! I am wondering is it because a storm is coming and he can sense it? I really dont know what is wrong with him. I tried to let him out but he wont go out! He is refusing to come when I call him! Im just not sure whats up with him!
So today while out shopping, I bought a ticket for the lotto for tonights draw. Its 6 million euro for the main lotto draw tonight. There are lower prizes as well. And a plus draw, so there are a few chances of winning. In the plus draw the top prize is half a million euro. There is also a lower prize of a quarter of a million. I could also get 5 numbers plus the bonus and win 25000 euro. Or get a small prize for 5, 4 or 3 numbers.
I’d love to win something! It would be amazing if I did!
Don’t count the days. Make the days count.
So the haunted wordsmith does a great blog feature, called, queen of questions.
I just found it and wanted to participate in it! So here goes!
- You have to take the setting from one book, plot from another, and characters from a third to create a new book: What did you take? Im not sure! I dont read a lot of fiction books, most of what I read is nonfiction, autobiographies, or stories about true events!
- What is your favorite candle scent? Vanilla, apple cinamon, or jasmine or rose!
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Scrambled eggs and toast! Or a bacon sandwich!
- Did you play video games in the arcade? If yes, what was your favorite (pinball counts too)? Not really. Arcades are inaccessible to me as I am blind.
- Pool, darts, beer pong, or something else? Pool is good if someone helps me play!
- What was the last thing you saw that made you do a double take? Hmmm I cant really think of something. Now this is going to annoy me!
- How do you like your peanuts? I like salted, sweet chili, or bbq!
- What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey or roast beef!
- Do you believe in magic? Im not sure. Sometimes I do.
- What song best describes your mood right now? This is me from the greatest showman, its my current anthem!
So today my supervisor in friendly call got a call from the local radio broadcaster here in cork. They want to do a radio documentary about friendly call. They want to talk about how people are experiencing isolation and loneliness, and about the friendly call service. My supervisor asked myself and 2 other volunteers to take part in it.
So on Sunday afternoon, we are going to do it. We’ll all be interviewed, and a documentary will be made for the radio. When it airs I will share it here with you all.
I am so excited! This is a great opportunity!
Its also a great opportunity to get the work of friendly call out there, and show off our great service!