do you think you are creative?
so tomorrow afternoon i will be starting art therapy. i’ll be working with a student art therapist. she works at the basement club, which is the mental health place I go to where my mentor is and where I have gone in the past. I will be working with her for 3 months. I am excited to start art therapy. I think I’ll enjoy it. I did it for a few weeks last year and when I was doing it I really liked it. I’m looking forward to seeing how creative I can be, and what I can create and what we can process through creativity. I will keep everyone posted as to how it goes, and who know, I may even post pics of my creative endeavours. Watch this space!
Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Mary Lou Cook
I was tagged for this challenge by the amazing and adorable emilia of my inner mish mash!
Thanks for tagging me Emilia! I will gladly participate! 😀
Unfortunately though there wont be any pictures, just descriptions for now, and if anyone wants to know more, feel free to comment and ask!
Well first, here are the rules! 😀
- Link back and thank the person who tagged you.
- Link back and thank the blogger who started the tag.
- List and picture at least seven of your favorite things.
- Tag at least seven people.
- List the rules.
And now for my 7 favourite things! Here goes, in no particular order!
1. Singing! I love it! I used to take voice lessons, but right now I dont have them, I took a break for a little while.
2. Nitro! My guide dog! He’s so adorable! I wouldnt be without him!
3. My macbook pro! I love it! I am learning more and more about it every day!
4. My Iphone! I have the Iphone 7. Its fantastic! Makes life as a blind person much more enjoyable!
5. My niece and nephew! My niece lauren is 11 now and my nephew Davin is six!
6. Reading, I mostly use either my Iphone or my amazon echo to read!
7. My rose scented lotion, in fact, rose scented anything! The smell of rose reminds me of my therapist Eileen! She wears it. She also gave me her empty bottle of her rose essential oil as a transitional object for when I am not in her office!
So there you go! My 7 favourite things!
I tag the following people to take up the challenge!
Trina of its good to be crazy sometimes
Gail of gail loves god
Iggie of color me bipolar
Viola of violas daily musings
Teresa of the haunted wordsmith
Cheryl of The bag lady
Sadje of keep it alive!
Of course there is no obligation but I hope you might do it!
so well yesterday i started art therapy. i already shared my piece on here. we have a masters art therapy student on placement at the basement club. im not sure how long she’s going to be with us for. but well she is building up her experience with clients. and she’s doing one to ones. for free. i had never tried art therapy before. so when she offered I jumped at the chance to try it out. I thought why not? I might actually like it. And I do like being creative. And I like expressing myself through different mediums. So I gave it a go. And I was pleasantly surprised! I loved it! I created a piece that represented a storm. It represented my stormy emotions. I felt very stormy when I arrived at the basement club, as I had had an argument with my dad before leaving the house. So the piece represented that. I was pleased with how it turned out. My therapists name is Emily. She said she would organise to get some other materials to use next week. For collaging. Today I used paper and paints. Different colored paper. And acrilic paints. It was neat! I can honestly say I had fun! And I am really glad I did this! I was thinking at first that maybe this would not be for me. Because when I asked her what materials she had for doing the art she said colored pencils, paints, etc. And then I automatically thought she’d want me to draw. And well, being blind thats a no go. But we talked about it and she said since I dont have my sight that we can do other things. And i can create in other ways. Any ideas any of you can give me for art approaches or methods or things i can do will be great! I’m all ears! Or if anyone is an artist or an art therapist and has worked with art in the past let me know what kinds of things you did! Or again if your a therapist and you’ve worked with disabled people let me know! Anyway I am happy with my efforts! I am glad I did it I challenged myself and it worked out and I am happy about it!