I’m making this today for dinner, so I thought I’d post my recipe, its slimming world friendly…if you try it out, let me know if you liked it!
Here is my recipe for chicken fried rice!
Chicken Fried Rice
yield: SERVES 2
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Better than takeout low syn Chicken Fried Rice – satisfy your cravings with this ready in less than 20 minutes dish!!
2 cups of rice, cooked
· 200g/7oz boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh, raw
· 1 small onion, diced small
· half red bell pepper, diced small
· 1 small carrot, diced small
· 4 small mushrooms, chopped
· ¼ cup of frozen peas
· 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
· 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
· 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 teaspoon of sesame oil – 2 syns
· 2 spring onions, finely chopped
· cooking oil spray
· salt and black pepper
1. Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
2. Add the chicken, season with black pepper and fry till golden, add in 1 tbs of soy sauce and toss to coat, remove and set aside.
3. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a few mins to soften.
4. Add the carrot, mushrooms, peas and red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
5. Add back the chicken, and the cooked rice, and using a the back of a the wooden spoon break up any big clumps of rice.
6. Add the the sesame oil and remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and stir to evenly coat.
7. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture, spray with a little cooking oil and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring the egg just till it starts egg to cook and then you can mix it all into the rice.
8. Add some chopped spring onions
9. Season as needed with salt and black pepper.