Live your best life, be kind to others, kindness is all we need in order to live a happy fulfilled life!
Yesterdays JusJoJan prompt was darkness. Use it any way you like. Visit kerri’s jusjojan post here
to read the rules.
as darkness fell
she went in to her own personal hell
she thought she’d never be found
the memories began
as she swam and swam
black sticky mud
it looked like crud
she couldn’t breathe
as she tried to swim through it
pain eroded her soul
with each breath
it took its toll
Your prompt for January 16th, 2018, brought to you by the multi-talented Cheryl, is “Contemplation.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Cheryl at her blog, “The Bag Lady” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://rugby843.blog/
its a funny kinda word
to stew or mull over
that’s what I am doing
trying to make a decision
what to do…
this or that
one or the other
make your mind up
but I cant…
i’m not good at contemplation
Your prompt for January 15th, 2018, brought to you by the lovely Barb, is “Justice.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Barb at her blog, “Gallimaufry,” to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://barbct.wordpress.com/
Here are the general rules to follow for Just Jot it January:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post the daily prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5), every day except for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness (SoCS) prompt–you’ll find that one on Friday morning at 9:30am. That daily post (i.e. this one) will be where you leave your link for others to find in the comment section. There will be a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday.
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will appear at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link or close to your pingback.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
Justice. well, today I am going to write about justice. did I get justice for what happened to me? for the abuse I went through.
sort of. I didn’t take my abusers to court. but I did get some money for what they did to me. its a long story. but basically they admitted wrong doing, well not the abusers but the school in Dublin. the nuns who were running it.
they admitted they failed us. and they gave a settlement so that I wouldn’t go to a general court.
I didn’t want to anyway. I couldn’t. I’m not strong enough to face a general court. It would be too much.
So I took the settlement. that was in 2007. I still had to go through the motions.
I had to make a statement. I had to talk to a solicitor. I had to talk about the abuse in detail. I just didn’t have to stand in a court and be examined. my barrister did all the talking for me.
was justice served? not really. they got th elast word, not me.
#JusJoJan Daily Prompt – January 14th, 2018
Your prompt for January 14th, 2018, brought to you by a new-to-me blogger, Itinerary Planner, is “Ultimatum.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Itinerary Planner at her blog, “Travel Itineraries: Travel the World for Less” (sounds good to me!) to read her post and say hi! Here’s her link: https://traveltinerary.com/
a couple years ago I had a therapist we’ll call her j. one day after I had taken an overdose, j gave me an ultimatum. if I didn’t stop harming myself, she would quit seeing me. she knew how much I needed her. she knew how much I relied on her. to do this was cruel. she knew I was attached to her and that i’d do anything she told me to do in order to keep her. so I stopped for a while. the pressure built up. I stopped though, I did not harm myself. I did it not for me but for her. I was terrified of losing her support. now I know she was wrong. she was the professional. she should have never given me that ultimatum. she should instead have helped me to work through my feelings, work through why it was that I was harming myself so often. not pressured me into stopping when I really wasn’t ready to give it up yet.
The prompt for JusJoJan is Danger.
#JusJoJan Daily Prompt – Jan. 10th/17
When I was being abused, I was always in danger. Every day and every night. DAnger lurked around every corner. I wasn’t able to fight, my abuser held me hostage, took my innocence, took my childhood, he was dangerous, there was danger at every turn.
This post is part of JusJoJan.
it begins to tingle
feeling so many emotions
the tingle rises
up my back
through my chest
threatening to engulf me in a flood of raw emotion
in and out
until it subsides
and I can see clearly again