But the good news is, they said she can probably go home tomorrow!
Basically, what happened was this.
She has pleurisy as you all know. All this past week, she’s been mostly staying in the living room. She was breathless just walking from the living room to the bathroom. That is a very short walk, only about 10 to 15 feet.
Then, on Thursday she thought she was coming down with a chest infection, on top of her COPD and the pleurisy.
She had an antibiotic, so she started taking that, after consulting the pharmacy.
She was coughing up mucus all day. On Friday she felt worse, and her breathlessness was worse.
On Friday evening at around 6:30 she had a bad breathing attack. Then she had another one at around 10:30.
She asked me if I’d come out to the living room and sit with her because she was afraid and she wanted me to be there in case she needed me.
So I did. I had to carry her oxygen tank to the bathroom for her twice that night.
At around 2:30 in the morning, I asked her if she wanted me to call for an ambulance, I told her that I thought she needed to go to the hospital. She was putting it off, not wanting to go. She was so fed up of the hospital. She was almost crying.
Eventually she told me to go ahead and call the ambulance, so I did.
The rapid response team came first, after around 30 minutes. They checked her over, and said that yes, she needed to go to the hospital. The ambulance got here about 30 minutes later.
She left for the hospital at around 4:30 in the morning.
I got a little sleep then, but not much, I was very worried about her.
I rang her at 8:30 and she said she’d had an x-ray and labs drawn and that she was waiting for results and to see the doctor.
I rang her back at around 1 PM and she told me she’d seen the doctor. The doctor said that she’d had a flare up of her COPD and they gave her some steroids intravenously, some intravenous paracetamol for the pain, and some antibiotics.
They said, all going well, she can go home tomorrow, and stay on the steroids for a while.
So that is the update. I was going to head home today but then I thought I’d wait until tomorrow. I want to see her before I go home, well that is if she’s released in the morning, she may not be released then, It could be the evening before she’s released.
The weather is really bad here this weekend. Its only 27 degrees F. Or minus 3 c.
The roads are really icy!
If you could all please pray that she’ll be able to come home tomorrow, I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks, guys! ❤