On Monday, Trish told me about a muffin recipe that is slimming world friendly.
It uses oats, mashed banana, Splenda and fat free natural yogurt.
That’s all you need to make the muffins.
You don’t have to use banana, you could use blueberries, raspberries, etc instead.
So I asked Trish if we can make them next week, I just need to make sure that I have all of the ingredients on hand.
It will certainly be interesting to see what they taste like, with so few ingredients.
Ok, so I’m going to look up the recipe.
Here it is!
· 160g Oats (gluten free if necessary)
· 2x Eggs
· 2x Bananas
· 350g Vanilla Yogurt (syn free variety for Slimming World)
· 1/2tsp Baking Soda (gluten free if necessary)
· 1tsp Baking Powder (gluten free if necessary)
· 25g Chocolate Chips (optional)
You will also need
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender and pulse until smooth.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
4. Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases, you will get thirty small muffins. If you get less adjust the syns accordingly.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
6. Allow to cool slightly and dust with a little bit of icing sugar if desired.
7. They’re best enjoyed slightly warm, but can be eaten cold later too!
17 syns for the whole mixture if dividing 30 muffins between four people. Healthy Extra B = 7.5 muffins. Chocolate chips = 6 syns. If you don’t use them minus six syns from the total. If not using your Healthy Extra B the mixture is 41 syns, which makes the muffins 1.5 syns each. Syn values correct at time of writing.