This is a very good list of what not to say to someone with bipolar!
When someone tells you they have bipolar disorder, there are things you can say that are helpful and some that are not. Below are the things that are not:
- We all have our ups and downs.
- We are all a little bipolar.
- I know how you feel
- You’re acting crazy
- You’re acting like a psycho
- Did you take your meds?
- Is it that time of the month?
- Just snap out of it
- I wish I was manic so I could get things done.
- You will get over it
- Don’t dwell on it
- What is so hard about getting out of bed?
- We all have our down days.
- Like ______? (a famous person with the illness)
- Cheer up
- Man up
- Everyone has something
- Have you tried to commit suicide?
- You just need to try harder
- I think you are just looking for attention
- Just shake it off
- You are just looking…
View original post 170 more words