This evenings drama

Well its been drama central around here tonight. At around 8 PM Nitro vomited all over the living room floor, he had drank water, and then he just started puking and puking, of course I panicked, I wasnt able to see it to clean it, so I rang my mom, she started telling me to go get some towels and put them down, but I was like mom, I cant do that, this is everywhere, so she said she would get a taxi and come over. Of course my dad was mothing off, he had alcohol taken and he was a bit drunk. Well he was mouthing off to me saying that the dog wasnt that ill, that he was just hot, and that I dont open any windows in my house, and I have the heat on and he’s just hot. Well no, I usually dont open windows unless someones here, you just never know who may be around, and I’m not taking any chances, I keep my blinds and curtains closed a lot of the time, for privacy. So I was very upset by the things my dad was saying. Mom had trouble getting a taxi, but eventually she got one and arrived. She cleaned up the vomit but by then I was bawling my eyes out, I thought Nitro had been poisoned, I thought whatever he ate when he ate grass, maybe there was something on it, like rats urine, or something, I just didnt know my head was spinning and my thoughts were going a mile a minute. My mom was trying to soothe and reassure me, but at the same time my dad kept phoning us and mouthing off. In the end I told mom I was going to phone the out of hours vets, just to see what they’d say. I got through to a lovely vet, a lovely kind caring vet. She said a consult would be 120 euros because it was out of hours, and that is before any meds or anything were added. I was wondering how I’d get to the vets, I knew no taxi would take me if there was a possibility of Nitro become sick in the car. So I rang my sister, she was still up and I asked her if she’d drive us. She said of course and that she’d get dressed and come over. So I rang the vet back again and I told her I’d be taking Nitro in. She said she’d meet me down at the clinic but that it would take her about 30 to 40 minutes to get there. In the meantime we waited for my sister to arrive. Poor nitro was laying on his bed feeling very sorry for himself, I was beside myself with worry and frantic and bawling every few minutes. It was a hot mess. Eventually my sister got here, and she drove us down to the vetinary surgery, but the vet wasnt there yet, so we had to wait for about 15 minutes. When the vet got there we went in, but in the height of all the drama I forgot my mask, luckily my sister had masks in her car, she works as a health care assistant and so she has loads of masks. So she gave me one and we went in. The vet looked nitro over, took his temperature, did a rectal exam, and concluded that Nitro had gastroenteritis. She gave him an anti-nausea injection, it cost 52 euro just for that injection, she also gave him anti-nausea tablets, tablets for his stomach, and a paste that is supposed to help stop the diarrhea. Overall the whole consultation cost me 200 euros. I didnt care, anything to get my baby healthy again, I was sitting here at home earlier on in the evening, crying my eyes out and praying to the angels that he wasnt poisoned, and to make everything ok. They came through for me. Mom said she’d take Nitro to her house for a few days, because I find it hard to give him tablets, he usually spits them out and its hard to try to get him to swallow the meds. So mom is going to take care of him for a couple of days. So thats whats been happening around here tonight. My sister dropped me back home, and I was texting with sarah for a while, thats sarah in colorado, venting all my frustrations to her lol. Then I just made some tea, and now I am about to sit down and drink it. I doubt I’ll be getting much sleep tonight, I’m too wound up, and without nitro here I dont feel safe. So I am sure I’ll be awake all night. Oh well I’ll distract myself with reading blog posts, emails, ripping movies, listening to the radio etc. Mom called me a few minutes ago to tell me that Nitro settled ok, and that he was sleeping now. The vet said the anti-nausea injection would take about 2 hours to kick in. But once it does he shouldnt vomit any more. I really hope thats the case. Its certainly been one hell of an evening around here.

Author: Carol anne

I am 40 years young. I'm blind and I have dissociative identity disorder, I also have complex PTSD. I blog about my life with these disorders. I live in Ireland.

11 thoughts on “This evenings drama”

  1. What a day you’ve had, happy Nitro will be okay! Get some good rest, and rest your soul! Tomorrow is a new day always! That is the best thing about another day it is NEW! ❣️


Talk to me! I love comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.