Frank AKA PC guy has given us the questions for this weeks fibbing Friday, so I thought I’d answer them! Well, heres my attempt at some fibs!
- Why is October the tenth month rather than the eighth as its name implies? Someone couldnt count hahaha!
Why is Halloween on October 31st? October wasnt long enough so they put in the 31st to make it longer and decided to make it a holiday!
- What exactly is Pumpkin Spice? That delicious spice that all the pumpkins dread because they have to be demolished in order to make it!
- How did the tradition of carving Jack-o-lanterns start? It was started by a man named jack!
- Why are they called Jack-o-lanterns? Jack was the most popular name in the year they were invented!
- Why is National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) in April when National Poetry Day is October 3rd? Again, whoever made up the calendar mixed up the months!
- Whats the big deal about Columbus Day? Whose columbus, some old geeser who demanded a special day was named after him!
- Why do kids trick-or-treat on Halloween? We all need a day to eat candy and have fun!
- According to at least one Internet source, October 30th is National Candy Corn Day. Why? People ran out of jelly beans so they had to pick candy corn and make a special day out of it!
- What happens to all the candy corn that doesnt get eaten? It gets bagged up and given to all the trick or treaters!