Rebecca has some great tips for those who are diagnosed with bipolar!
Bipolar is a long-term illness. However, when we are diagnosed during mania, it’s difficult to follow our doctor’s or psychiatrists advice. Five recommendations for staying on course and getting the most out of treatment:
1. Get feedback from those close to you about your depression or mania. What is their point of view on your recent experiences?
2. Choose the perspective that following your treatment plan is embracing life.
3. Ask friends or family for support in your journey to wellness.
4. Join a local support group for people with bipolar.
5. Get organized: Buy a pill minder, journal your seasonal symptoms, write down your emotional triggers, see a homeopath about nutritional support.