This video is fantastic, if you want to know more about trauma therapy and the relationship between a client therapist, and just how it all works then watch this! The author Robert t miller is a survivor of trauma now working in the field!
Alternative link if you can’t view the above YouTube video.
I welcome you to grab your favourite drink, settle down, and have a listen. Don’t listen to the whole thing with a parched mouth like me, haha.
Robert T Muller has lived experience of his own complex trauma as the child of parents who survived the Holocaust.
He has written two books for therapists, which are interesting reads if you’re a client who wants to learn more as well:
- Trauma and the Avoidant Client: Attachment-Based Strategies for Healing (Norton Professional Books
- Trauma and the Struggle to Open Up: From Avoidance to Recovery and Growth
Some takeaways from the podcast:
- With trauma survivors, relationships – both therapy and other close relationships outside of it – are very important.
- The truth can be unspeakable, and people use avoidance to survive
- Humour can be a way of avoidance. There’s nothing wrong with using…
View original post 521 more words