A busy Friday

So I am having a busy friday. My Pa was here this morning. She managed to get to me without any issues. The weather wasnt actually that bad, not as bad as the forecasters made it out to be. We didnt have snow. Or ice. We just had a cold wind, and some rain. But it was mostly dry this morning, very frosty though and freezing cold, temps got only up to 1 degrees c. Its dry though and I am glad about that. Amanda was late getting to me, but that was because she took a cab, and the cab didnt come on time. I didnt mind though as she’s never late. We went to get my money out of the ATM for the week, I also needed to buy a new cordless phone, my landline phone was broken for months. I was going to just replace the rechargeable batteries, but then I figured the phone was old, so I’d just replace the whole thing. We went to one store, but the lady who dealt with us was very rude. She wouldnt even help me when I asked her if they sold cordless phones and if she could show me one. She literally said to me that they are in a glass cabinet at the back of the store, literally she just pointed and was like, we have them but right now they’re out of stock. Needless to say I didnt stay in that store. We went to another one and I got a cheap phone, for 25 euro. And now its plugged in and charging, I have to charge it for 16 hours the instructions said before I can use it. I went to the grocery store too, as I needed a few things. I got a new dog bed for Nitro. He hasnt gotten into it yet though. He does that, the last time I got him a new bed he didnt go into it either for ages. Eventually he will but he needs to sniff at it first and put his mark on it. I went to the butchers too. I got some shredded chili chicken, and some chicken curry, and some garlic potatos. I had left chicken wings out to thaw, and I will have the garlic potatos with them later this evening. They smelled so good when I was cooking them, I cooked the potatos already so then all I have to do is heat them up later tonight. I am not going volunteering this afternoon. I decided I need a bit of a break from it. I need to recharge a little after all the recent client losses. So I took today off. My supervisor was ok with me doing that. When my pa and I came back to my house after being out, my PA cleaned my house for me. So now its spick and span again. I am going to just relax this afternoon I think. No plans really. Its just as well as we arent really doing that well emotionally right now. Some insiders are feeling unsettled and a little overwhelmed. I’m sure they’ll write later, but right now I am trying to stay grounded, I am trying to stay calm and just relax.

Author: Carol Anne

I am a woman in my mid 30's. I'm blind and I have dissociative identity disorder, I also have complex PTSD. I blog about my life with these disorders. I live in Ireland.

2 thoughts on “A busy Friday”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.