I thought I’d participate in revenge of Eve’s challenge G2k for this week.
Use the tag #g2k
Create a pingback to this post
Answer each question honestly
- In what areas of your do you find it hard, to be honest with yourself?
I am least honest with myself in regards to my cutting, and other unhealthy coping strategies.
- Have you put in an effort to change this or do you ignore it in hopes it disappears? I try to change it. I work hard in therapy to try to come up with alternative coping skills to use.
- How does this affect other areas of your life? It causes me emotional turmoil and pain, it worries my family and friends, it causes me to lie to them and I also feel ashamed of the ways in which I have coped.
- Can you define the underline fear in regards to this? If so, explain. I worry if I give up my unhealthy coping techniques, I wont be able to cope with my emotions and thats probably more scarier to me than hurting myself or numbing my feelings.
- Do you find that you are more of an honest or dishonest person around others? I used to be dishonest but over the past few years that has changed, I now try to always be honest, because honesty is best, even if sometimes the truth hurts.