bloom 2018

we had an awesome day yesterday at bloom.
we got th e 9:30 AM train to dublin, it takes about 3 hours to get there. we slept a little bit on the train. there was a group of 16 of us going to the festival.
when we got there we took a shuttle bus to the place where it was on, it was a courtesy shuttle bus. it was packed, we barely got a seat on the bus.
when we first got there we went to our garden stand and the executive director of shine who runs the basement club presented us with flowers and we took photos.
then we had lunch, there was a lot of places selling food, i had brought my own packed lunch though. most of the others bought their lunch.
we sat on the grass eating it. it was really warm and it was lovely to just sit on the grass and eat our lunch.
after lunch we went walking around and looked at the different gardens that were there. there were hundreds of flowers, craft shows, fashion shows, and food stalls there. it was lovely. it was very packed though so i’m so glad i didnt bring nitro with me.
after our walk around we sat down and had ice cream cones. it was delicious. i allowed myself to have a treat and bought myself a cone with sprinkles and a chocolate flake in it. mmmm i thoroughly enjoyed that.
the president of ireland was there and he gave a speech and then he went around looking at each garden, when he came to ours he stopped and said how important mental health was and how important it was to get the conversation going about it. we got photos taken with him which was very special.
we left the flower show at 4 pm to go get the bus back to the train station. when we got outside the line to get on the bus was huge, like, there was about 250 people in front of us to get on it. but we did manage to get on a bus and we barely got back and made the 5 PM train to get home.
th e journey home seemed longer than the journey to get there. but isnt that always the way?
the food cart on the train ran out of coffee, i was bummed, i got a cold drink instead and a nice danish pastry, so i had that as another treat, i’ll have to do extra exercise this week to make up for it.
we finally got home around 8 pm, i was wrecked. i came home, watched a little bit of tv, made a cup of coffee, and drank that. went to bed at 10 pm and slept through the entire night until 10 30 this morning.
it was a great day though. i had a lot of fun and would definitely go again.


Author: Carol Anne

I am a woman in my mid 30's. I'm blind and I have dissociative identity disorder, I also have complex PTSD. I blog about my life with these disorders. I live in Ireland.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s