this is the slimming world spaghetti carbonara. I made this tonight for dinner. It tasted delicious.
I would definitely make it again.
- 6 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces – see tip)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful of fresh chives
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.