- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk (about 100 F to 110 F)
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted, cooled to lukewarm)
- Coconut oil(for brushing rolls after baking)
- Oil a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast with the warm milk. Let stand for two minutes.
- Add the flour, egg, salt, sugar, and melted butter. Using a dough hook, mix on low speed until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and continue to mix for 15 minutes, adding small amounts of extra flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Form a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Cover with tea towel and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Shape the dough into balls, about 1-1/2″ each. Place in large baking dish to make about two rows of four (8 rolls).
- Cover lightly with a clean dish towel and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush with coconut oil.